Exo Sense RP is an extremely versatile indoor environment sensor. It combines the power and ease of use of the Raspberry Pi RP2040 microcontroller, with several environmental sensors and input/output lines.
Exo Sense RP embeds temperature, humidity, air quality, light and PIR-based motion detection sensors, as well as a microphone for ambient noise measurements and audio recording. Two digital input/output lines and an open-collector output line are available on the terminal block. A real time clock module with battery back-up is also standard. It can optionally have a factory-installed earthquake sensor module.
An ESD-protected RS-485 bus is available for wired serial communication using the industry standard Modbus protocol or any other half-duplex serial protocol.
Exo Sense RP has an embedded RP2040, with a dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor, clocked up to 133 MHz, 264KB of SRAM, and a large 16MB on-board Flash memory.
A hidden USB 1.1 port is used to easily flash the microcontroller.
- air quality (VOC)
- light intensity
- microphone for sound intensity monitoring, recording and processing
- PIR motion sensor
- 80x80mm wall mount ABS case with fast snap-in terminal block
- 9÷28Vdc power supply, with surge and reverse polarity protection, and 1.1A resettable fuse
- 2 x digital inputs or TTL level I/O (1-Wire, I2C, Wiegand support)
- 1 x open collector output
- standard RS-485 interface connected to RP2040 UART, with electrostatic discharge protection
- micro USB socket for RP2040 programming and debugging
- GPIO-controlled LED
- GPIO/PWM-controlled piezoelectric buzzer, for acoustic feedback
- real time clock (RTC) with replaceable back-up battery
- embedded Microchip ATECC608 secure element chip
Optionals (factory-installed upon request):