An industrial digital I/O module with a Raspberry Pi RP2040 core
Iono RP D16 features 16 galvanically isolated input and output lines, controlled by the combination of two MAX22190 (IEC 61131-2 compliant industrial digital input device) and two MAX14912/MAX14913 (high-speed high-side switch/push-pull driver IC).
Protection logic built into the MCU, as well as the additional protection circuits designed specifically for the Iono RP D16, render the module extremely robust, offering long-term operational reliability, even in the most demanding conditions.
Develop your custom firmware in C/C++ or MicroPython, use your preferred IDE among the many available options for the RP2040, no need for proprietary libraries or drivers and all the resources from the Raspberry Pi community will transparently work.
Fully CE, FCC, and IC compliant, the Iono RP D16 is suitable for both residential and industrial installations.
- 3 modules DIN rail case
- power supply, serial and I/O connections on pluggable terminal blocks
- 12÷28 Vdc power supply input, with surge and reverse polarity protection, and 1.1A resettable fuse
- 5V 350mA auxiliary voltage output, with overcurrent and reverse current protection
- Raspberry Pi RP2040 – Dual ARM Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz, 264kB on-chip SRAM
- up to 16 x 640mA outputs, driven by high-side switches that can also be configured as push-pull drivers for high-speed switching
- up to 16 x IEC 61131-2 compliant current-sinking inputs
- galvanic isolation between the power I/O section and the logic section, including the microcontroller, serial interface and general-purpose input/output lines
- 4 x TTL level I/Os (1-Wire, I2C, Wiegand support)
- standard RS-485 interface to the RP2040 serial lines, with electrostatic discharge protection
- USB programming/debugging port
- real time clock (RTC) with back-up battery
- secure element chip
- earthquake sensor module