The Strato Pi CAN board enhances the Raspberry Pi computer with several hardware features to make it suitable for use in industrial and automotive applications where reliability and service continuity are key requirements.
This add-on board is the the core of our Strato Pi CAN server and Strato Pi Touch Display and can be purchased separately for product evaluation, prototypes developments, or custom embedded designs.
- standard Raspberry Pi 40-pin GPIO header
- power supply and serial connections on screw terminal block
- 9-65Vdc power supply, with surge and reverse polarity protection, and 1.3A resettable fuse
- up to 2.5A max current to the 5V Raspberry Pi power supply input pins (at 24Vdc)
- Controller Area Network (CAN) V2.0B interface, up to 1 Mb/s, with opto-isolator and electrostatic discharge protection
- standard RS-485 interface to the Raspberry Pi serial line, with opto-isolator and electrostatic discharge protection
High reliability and security:
- hardware watchdog implemented in the Strato Pi board, fully independent from the Raspberry Pi, controlled via GPIO
- real time clock (RTC) with replaceable back-up battery
- embedded Microchip ATECC608A secure element chip
- relay with change-over (CO), Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) terminals
- buzzer, controlled via GPIO
- LEDs for power supply and serial line activity